Tuesday, 7 August 2012

My Lip Care Collection!

Hello lovelies!
Now, this post has been on my mind for a while. I've had to narrow my selection down to 6 products and that's cutting my collection down by about 2 thirds, so now that I've chosen which ones to write about - here they are!
(From Left to Right -
Kleenex Balsam softening nose and lip balm,
Clinique's Superbalm Moisturising Gloss,
Anatomicals 'Stop Cracking Up' Lip balm,
Blistex Relief Cream,
The Beauty Parlous Peppermint Lip Balm,
Elf Therapeutic Conditioning Lip Balm)
Now these 6 balms are my absolute favourites, and that's because every single one of them does something differently!

  • First of all is my Kleenex Balsam Softening Nose and Lip balm - I bought this for £2 from my local pharmacy and I use it for both my lips and my nose. This balm is a bit like vaseline but isn't as thin - you really need to rub your finger into this product to get enough of an application, which I like because it means it's not gloopy and sticky, it's more of a smooth cream :) I love this and I have been applying it to my nose when it gets sore from hayfever and rubbing it into the corners of my mouth to stop them from drying out.
  • Next up is my Clinique Superbalm moisturising gloss, which I received free in a Clinique gift bag (BARGAIN ALERT). This balm is tinted and I have number 9 which is Currant. It's a gorgeously tinted red balm that's really thick and sticky, but in a 'I'm not going anywhere' kind of way. I love this balm for just topping up my lip colour during the day and I keep this balm in my handbag all of the time!
  • Next is my Anatomicals 'Stop Cracking Up' which is definitely my favourite out of all 6 balms. This balm was from Boots and cost me around £4, but it was totally worth it. The tube is quite big and the applicator is slanted and smooth so the product glides onto your lips so nicely! It's clear and thick, without being sticky and from only using it once my lips feel so much softer! I love this brand because their packaging makes me laugh, and their lip balm really is the only reason I never have chapped lips!
  • Next up is my Blistex Relief Cream. Now, I have this balm for emergencies and medical disasters, such as big cracks and sores. This cream is strongly medicated and feels sort of stingy upon application, but this cream really does sort any problems out, including cold sores and splits. This cream has a strong ammonia solution in it so it's not for those who just want a bit of a soften, but this cream is definitely a go-to if you have any big problems!
  • The next balm is The Beauty Parlour's Peppermint balm, which I reviewed a few weeks ago here so I won't repeat myself! I just love this balm and for £1 you can't go wrong with the minty glossy goodness it provides! 
  • The last balm I chose is my Therapeutic Conditioning Balm from Elf. This balm is only £1.50 much like their other products and is another balm always in my handbag! It's quite thin in consistency but feels really soft on the lips. This balm is the most invisible balm I own, you really can't tell you're wearing it so I love applying this over any lip colour I may be wearing. I'd recommend this to anyone who just wants a simple balm but with an extra kick (this balm has vitamins A and E as well as Shea Butter so it's extra kind to your lips!)
So there they are, my 6 favourite balms! If you would like in-depth reviews of any of these products, just let me know. Has anyone else got these balms? What do you think?
Thanks for reading!
Jennifer xo

5 comments:

  1. I love the Clinique - I have exactly the same one! I use it as a lipgloss a bit like you and I always carry it about with me too. Snap!

    Apart from Blistex Ive never tried any of the others so thanks for this post because I may have trial a few new ones now and add to my ever growing collection!

    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love it!
      Brilliant! Glad it's inspired you! :D xo

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any of these :/ but i'd love to try the Stop Cracking Up balm, seems pretty good.
    I use Rosebud's Salve & Burt's Bees when my lips get dry or chapped. xx

    Judy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's other ones from Anatomicals and the writing on their tubes are so funny :') But yeah, i'd definitely recommend it!
      Ooh I've never tried Burt's Bees properly! I had a honey lip balm once and I didn't like it, I should try a few more things!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I'm liking the look of the peppermint balm. I tend to stick to Vaseline (aloe vera one) as its the only thing that keeps my lips moisturised!
    Claire
    www.prettywithapunch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think and feel free to comment with your blog links if you would like me to check it out, I'm always up for following new people!
Thanks :) xo