Friday, 19 October 2012

A palette of plenty!

Evening ladies!
Tonight I have a review of my latest bargain from ELF, which I know comes a little too often on my blog but I really do enjoy their products and considering I am so poor right now, they're honestly the best I can do. However, I have found a perfect palette I managed to get at a steal price (this palette is usually £3.75 but I bagged it at half price!)

This palette is one of their Party eye shadow palettes which I figured would just be a palette of neutral-ish shadows with a few darker ones thrown in for crease shades. I was wrong to underestimate ELF's ability to combine perfect matte shades with gorgeous metallic, high-pigmented shadows that create a perfect smokey eye!
I have been using this palette almost every day since I bought it and combining the shades in it with other shadows such as my Benefit creaseless cream shadow in Skinny Jeans. I absolutely love the pigmentation of these shadows and the range between light, matte neutral shades to brighter, metallic, shadowy shades is perfect for creating a pin-up eye! (I do this by using the light beige and bright cream on my entire lid and blending both grey shades in the crease and towards the outer corners paired up with liquid liner and false lashes)

I've swatched the shadows for you to see the range of shades, it is really a brilliant palette. I love how pigmented these shadows are and how well they blend considering their price. The quality of these shadows is really good and I am very happily surprised! The upper three are definitely my favourite shades and I have used them a lot since I bought them. 
This palette is also available in Natural which contains stoney, gold and brown tones rather than high-pigmented metallics. I think the range of shades in both palettes is brilliant for £3.75 and I would definitely recommend it to you! :) 

If you would like a tutorial on how I use these shades to create my blended metallic pin-up look, please do let me know because I love doing them :)
Has anyone else tried these shadows? What did you think?

Jennifer xo

4 comments:

  1. I really like the look of the grey one in that palette - I need a grey eyeshadow in my life - the black looks lovely and pigmented - something that the majority of the cheaper eyeshadows are missing.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use that shade every single day, it doesn't matter what look i'm going for! I like to use an angled fluffy brush to apply it and use a small crease brush to blend the metallic black into it around my crease, they blend so well!
      I hate how rubbish cheap shadows are - they don't blend and you have to scrape them from the pan to get any colour from them, but I love these!
      :) xo

      Delete
  2. I keep looking at the ELF products but am yet to try them out so interesting post. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post! I would definitely recommend trying them :D
      Some products are better than others but the ones I have reviewed, I swear by :D
      x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think and feel free to comment with your blog links if you would like me to check it out, I'm always up for following new people!
Thanks :) xo