Thursday, 5 July 2012

Dry Shampoo

Hey guys!
So, this week I have been trying out dry shampoo for the first time!
As a hair fanatic, I have always been against not-washing my hair or applying any kind of talc-based spray in order to make it look washed, but this week I decided to try it anyway! (I have a festival to go to next weekend so it's appropriate timing, really)
I have been using Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo which smells absolutely amazing and cost me £2 from Boots - bargain!
As far as I am aware, Batiste are the leading brand in dry shampoos and so I thought this would be a good place to start testing, and I don't think I need to research any further, I am sticking with it! As I am growing my hair out (I previously had a pixie hair cut, about an inch long - I have been growing it for a few years now!) I am trying my best not to wash my hair as often as I am used to, which is usually every single day ... Not only is it bad for your hair because it strips your hair of any natural oils it needs to grow healthily but it is really expensive to keep buying shampoo and conditioner and is totally time-consuming (since cutting down on the habit I have cut my get-ready time to a mere 25 minutes!) and so this dry shampoo thing really is the best thing for me to have discovered :)

I previously curled my hair a few nights ago and applied quite a lot of strong hold hairspray but yesterday I woke up to my hairstyle pretty much the same as the night before, so I decided to freshen it up with a dry shampoo I've been a bit scared to use! My hair smelled so sweet and clean once I'd used it and as you have to massage it in and brush it out, my curls went really bouncy and fresh and my hair looks like it has been freshly washed and set in rollers! I love it!
I used it again this morning, pushing my luck really and trying to see how far I could push it (in prep for the festival!) and I achieved exactly the same results as before - fresh, clean-smelling, bouncy hair! If anything the spray prolonged the life of my curls without setting and I am definitely a dry shampoo convert!

This is what my hair looks like after two days of dry-shampooing! -


So - I will definitely be stocking up on this spray, I don't know how I've managed to go this long without trying it!
Can anyone recommend me another brand/type to try, maybe a volume-boosting one exists that I don't know about?!

Hope you're all well!
Jennifer xo

1 comment:

  1. Haven't tried this myself, but I saw it in Boots the other day.

    http://www.boots.com/en/Batiste-Dry-Shampoo-Big-and-Bouncy-XXL-Volume-200ml_1228543/

    I bought the Cherry one instead, smells so lush! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think and feel free to comment with your blog links if you would like me to check it out, I'm always up for following new people!
Thanks :) xo