So this is just a quick tutorial type description in photos of how I do my every day metallic eyes look (I literally apply this makeup every morning, and add to it during the day depending on what I am doing - it takes me 5 minutes tops!)
Anyway - this is how I begin :)
I then apply 3 different shadows, always three - no matter what shades I am using (here are the swatches of 4, because I have included a white shadow too). I find that using a combination of 2 or 3 shadows gives the eyes a more dramatic and effective look, and as I wear winged liquid liner I find that using lighter shadows in the corners of my eyelids and gradually applying darker shades towards the outer corners completes that cat-eye look everyone likes to achieve :) I like to think it's my signature look but only because I have been wearing the same makeup and using the same techniques for over 5 years now, so it's pretty much how I look every single day.
So, in this photo I have applied a white shadow and blended it underneath my brows to give my browbone more definition and my brows more height. I then apply that white or silver shadow to the inner corners of my eyes to make me look more awake! I have also applied a gray, metallic brown and dark brown to my upper lid, blending all three into one another and blending outwards to give my eyelids more height and more of a cat-eye look
I then applied a black kohl liner to the inside waterline of my upper lid to give my upper lid more definition. I then apply kohl liner to the inside waterline of my bottom lashline and apply the metallic brown shadow to the underneath of my eyelashes with either a liner, smudge or eyeshadow brush (depending on how dramatic I want it to look)
(Please excuse how awful my brows look here, I have rushed them for the purpose of this photo but I didn't do a very good job - they are usually a lot more perfected than that! Oops!)
I then apply liquid eyeliner (I use Collection 2000's precision liner in Black, always have done, always will do) and wing it out towards the end of my brows so as to give my eyes more of a cat-eye look. I change how high or thick I line my eyes every day, depending on the look I am going for. Today I have winged my liner higher up and thinner as to make my eyes look thinner and more defined, whereas yesterday I winged them out from the very bottom corner of my eye and lined it a lot thicker, as to make my eyes look a lot darker and bigger.
As you can see, my eyes look quite made up just by using three shadows and some liquid liner, and this is the look I wear every day! :)
Does anyone else use this technique or do you have any tips for me to improve anything?
Hope you've enjoyed this post!
Jennifer xo
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please let me know what you think and feel free to comment with your blog links if you would like me to check it out, I'm always up for following new people!
Thanks :) xo