Last week I won a pair of Paul Mitchell products in a raffle (Yes! A RAFFLE! They still have those!) and it was like a dream come true. I have always adored Paul Mitchell products and we all know how obsessed I am over hair, as well as hair products.
These products cost me a huge £1 (the price of the raffle ticket, how amazing is that?!) but from a salon and a salon ONLY you can pick these babies up for £18.
These products are only available (unless they are out of date or fake) from a salon and you can find your nearest stockist on the Paul Mitchell website.
Now, I have curly hair - I don't, that's a lie, I have deadly straight hair - much to my dismay. I curl my hair each and every day whether it be using curling tongs, straighteners (there is a tutorial for that a few pages back, just in case you're wondering how on Earth I do that ...) pin curls, velcro and hot rollers, yada yada yada and it takes a gigantic amount of product and hairspray to keep them in for the day/two days. Now, before I just used extra hairspray and let my curls set for longer but no longer! I have found the perfect solution of making your hair feel bouncy, shiny, healthy, curly and manageable!
The shampoo is self-explanatory - you use a small amount, preferably twice to ensure you rinse out any built-up products from your locks and clean your hair so that it can be free from anything weighing it down. This shampoo is fortified with 'chamomile, henna, rosemary, aloe vera and jojoba to create brilliant shine and reflection', it also has added Panthenol (this is a form of Vitamin B5 that is used as a moisturiser and has lubricating compounds) to add body and volume whilst caring for the hair and repairing damage, and it is also safe to use on coloured hair which for me, is an added bonus!
The conditioner is not a conditioner - at least not the kind of conditioner you're used to. This product is a 'daily rinse' which means it literally IS a 'rinse'. I made the mistake of leaving this on for a few minutes and it took me days to wash it out - this product is so moisturising (it also contains chamomile, henna, rosemary, aloe vera, jojoba and Panthenol) that you need the smallest amount possible just to run through your hair before rinsing it through with cool water. This conditioner also repairs and prevents damage caused by styling (something else the magical Panthenol is guilty for) and because of its properties, leaves your hair feeling weightless and bouncy - hello volumised hair!
Having used both of these products for a week and a half now, I can tell you that I don't think I'll ever go through a can of hairspray a week again. It helps to add bounce once I've dried my hair and I have found that when styling, it curls so much easier, as well as holding the curl for longer and adding shine and softness to them. Pin curling has never taken such a short amount of time, and I swear by this product for anyone who strives for the kind of hair I adore (Dita Von Teese, Rita Hayworth, Bettie Page, Marilyn Monroe etc)
As well as these products actually working for my hair, they also come in huge bottles (yay!) and smell absolutely beautiful. I feel and smell like I've just been to the salon every day!
Wonderful product, definitely recommend, give it a go!
Jennifer xo
These products sound amazing! I have very straight hair as well so I'm always looking for ways to add volume! Shame about the price though.... :)
ReplyDeleteJess
http://riversiderose.blogspot.ie/
Yeah me too! I don't think I'd have bought them initially due to the price but knowing how good they are now, I will definitely be going back for more!
Deletexo
Wow! i've been looking for a new volumising shampoo and thanks to your review I think i've found it! :)
ReplyDeleteClaire x
http://prettywithapunch.blogspot.co.uk/