Thursday, 13 September 2012

Shoes, glorious shoes!

Hello girlies!
Yesterday I spent some money ... I shouldn't have done, but I did. If you could have seen the state of the shoes I have been wearing for months now, you would tell me it was justified - totally justified. I wear shoes down to the ground - literally. I have never been one to actually spend money on shoes, in fact the only shoes I ever seem to actually buy are impractical platforms and shoes I can and will not wear (but they look pretty in the wardrobe, so I buy them anyway ... ) But yesterday I realised that enough is enough - and I went to Primark.
Now, I can almost hear you fashionistas screaming 'NOOOO' at your computer screens because well, we all know that Primark shoes are not for the heavy footed such as myself; in the past I have actually worn a pair of plimsoles down in 1 week. 7 days. That's an achievement, I think! As my financial situation isn't at its best right now (it's pretty much non-existent. I haven't bought clothes or makeup for over 2 months now and it's KILLING ME) so Primark really did seem like a good option.
After half an hour of asking 'why on Earth would you even make those?!' and 'WHY DON'T THEY HAVE MY SIZE?!' I came to a decision to buy two pairs and be practical, and here they are!

Leopard print lace-up ankle boots £8 Primark
 I will be wearing these boots with tights and shorts, or with skinny jeans and a chunky belt :) I might even wear these boots with a skirt and tights as they come quite low on the ankle and so look quite cute :) For £8 I'm not sure how long these are going to last but I was so desperate I definitely think they were worth it. The laces are really thin, which I like because it makes them dainty and discreet, also I love how flat these boots are - there is hardly any sole on them at all and I love them that way; although this could lead to them wearing down a lot faster in which case, I will just buy some more!

Black quilted bow detail, covered-toe ballerinas £6 Primark
I love ballerinas - as a girl who wears long skirts and full dresses quite a lot ballerinas are one of my staple items, they are a style of shoe I always have to own. Usually I go for polka-dot or patterned ballerinas but these really caught my eye! The picture isn't totally clear but the shoe itself is a padded, quilted material which makes them really soft and the inside is polka-dot so that makes up for it! I love the shiny toe on these shoes and the bow detail is something I always go for with ballerinas! These shoes were only £6 and I love how thick and comfortable these are for the price! These are really smart so I know I will be wearing them for college/a job and I know they will go with everything :) Primark also had these shoes in several different colours including navy blue, cream, red and white - but I love a black shoe and these definitely look the cutest :)

While I was there I also picked up this purse which really caught my eye! 

Heart studded purse - £3 Primark
It's made from a quilted leather-look fabric which I love and the little heart-shaped studs really sold it to me. 
I go through purses quite a lot and I don't like the kind that hold your cards in little slots (maybe I'm just not at that age yet!) I love having everything in one compartment and knowing where everything is, and this is huge!
This purse was only £3 and they had a clutch bag version for only around £4.50 so I'd definitely recommend a look if you like it!



If only my budget allowed opportunities for posts like these more often! Maybe you will see the shoes in future OOTD's and I'll let you know how long they last!
More importantly - do you like them?! 

(About the giveaway - I am so busy right now with enrolling onto a college course and attending interviews, plus I am beyond scraping the bottom of the money pot, so I will still be holding a giveaway but maybe in a couple of weeks when I know I can guarantee a decent quality giveaway to all of my lovely followers - thankyou so much for your patience, I promise I will make it up to you!)

Hope you're all well!
Jennifer xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think and feel free to comment with your blog links if you would like me to check it out, I'm always up for following new people!
Thanks :) xo